All The Stars
In 2013 StoryCorps debuted “Eyes on the Stars”, an animated short about physicist Ronald E. McNair, one of the astronauts who perished in the NASA Challenger disaster.
My job was to implement a digital marketing and distribution plan for the release of the animated short. Over fifty organizations and media outlets including NASA, NAACP, Scientific American, and TEDEd posted “Eyes on the Stars”, with Congressman John E. Clyburn (D-SC 6th District) and actor Nichelle Nichols AKA Lieutenant Uhura (Star Trek) sharing the animated short via social media. “Eyes on the Stars” received over 250K views within three weeks.
Directed by The Rauch Brothers
Produced by Mike Rauch and Lizzie Jacobs
Animation by Tim Rauch
- A Remembrance of Challenger Astronaut Ronald McNair on Anniversary of Shuttle Disaster, Scientific American, January 2013
- Celebrate a Physicist Who Died in the Challenger Disaster, Mental Floss, January 2013
- Clip of the day: 'Eyes on the Stars', USA Today, January 2013
- Eyes on the Stars, TEDEd, January, 2013
- Keep Your Eyes on the Stars, Slate, January 2013
- Must-See: Remembering Challenger Mission Specialist Ronald McNair, Essence, January 2013