In 2016 Audioboom shifted from a consumer-facing podcast platform to a B2B content site powered by brand and advertiser partnerships.
My job was to engage and educate podcasters and brands about the unique benefits of podcast advertising. I launched a multi-tiered campaign that included humorous social media posts, blog posts, consistent press outreach and engaging live events with top podcast talent and brand leaders to convey our expertise in this growing field.
Podcast Advertising 360 at RAIN Online Audio Advertising Summit NYC
February 28, 2017
Metropolitan Pavilion – 123 West 18th Street – New York, NY 10011
A holistic view of the unique values of on-demand audio. Program creators, brand advertising, and agency buying come together in this fun, informative, and anecdote-driven panel discussion of the marketing opportunity in podcasting. Thomas Mancusi (VP Sales & Development, Audioboom) moderated this panel about the unique values of on-demand audio.
Panelists included Payne Lindsey (Host/Producer of Up & Vanished, Atlanta Monster), Patty Newmark (CEO and President at Newmark Agency), Scott Philbrook (Host/Producer of Astonishing Legends) Collin Willardson (Marketing Manager at Mack Weldon)
Podcast Advertising From Every Angle at Podcast Movement
August 24, 2017
Anaheim Marriott – 700 Convention Way – Anaheim, CA 92802
Rockie Thomas, VP Business Development at AdsWizz, moderated this panel about the unique values of on-demand audio. Podcasters, advertisers, and agency reps come together in this informative panel discussion about the marketing opportunity in podcasting.
Panelists included Ethan Frame (Acquisition Marketing Manager at MVMT), Forrest Burgess (Host/Producer of Astonishing Legends), Rabia Chaudry (Host/Producer of Undisclosed and The 45th), Russell Lindley (President, Partner at Ad Results Media) and Thomas Mancusi (VP Sales & Development at Audioboom).
Audioboom Podcast Upfronts
September 6, 2017
The Park NYC 118 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011
This event was a cocktail meet-and-greet designed to enrich relationships with advertisers and agencies. Attendees enjoyed complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres and met top talent from the Audioboom podcast network like Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Joey Camasta from It’s Happening with Snooki and Joey; Alden Ford and Seth Lind from Mission To Zyxx, and Chelsea Cox of Deliberations!
- Audioboom on why podcasts are an advertiser’s dream, Econsultancy, January 2, 2018
- PODCASTS TOOK OFF THIS YEAR. WHAT WILL THE NEW YEAR BRING?, Newsweek, December 26, 2017
- Money Talks: The Economics of Podcast Commercials, The Guardian, October 30, 2017
- The Newest Generation of Entrepreneurs? Podcasters, Entrepreneur, September 8, 2017
- Why marketers shouldn't tune out podcast advertising, Marketing Dive, June 12, 2017
- You Can Measure Podcast Downloads, But What About Ad Delivery?, MediaShift, April 21, 2017
- Scott Philbrook and building a full-time podcast from scratch, RAIN News, February 7, 2017
- Thomas Mancusi: Insights On Why Podcast Advertising Works, RAIN News, January 31, 2017
Paid social media posts on Twitter and Instagram linked back to the Audiooom website where podcasters and advertisers could learn more about the company’s ad sales services.